Friday, December 11, 2009

BUSY?

I'd be surprised if you ask anyone how they are this time of year and they don't respond, "Busy!" I've decided to respond, "Great, how are you?", to get past that automatic "busy" reflex.

A new greyhound guest arrived this morning for three overnights. Last year we had two greyhounds staying over during the holidays while their parents were out of town. I'm currently working on a Christmas card package for Frolic Farm Herb Company/Ginkgo Gallery and Gift located a 2030 S. 900 E in Sugarhouse. Frolic Farm not only provides potted and dried herbs, baked goods, herbal recipes and herbal gifts, but also is a gallery for local artisans and a unique gift boutique. Stop in and look at the gorgeous Ashford spinning wheel available with several bunches of roving for a very good price!

Yesterday I was pleased to have started a consignment furniture project I've been planning---painting six nice Windsor dining chairs robin's egg blue. Right after seeing the inspirational photo below this summer, I stumbled upon and acquired a set of ten of these chairs in an original yellowed light natural stain. These are NOT the typical (cheap) big box store imitation Windsor chairs. I took a Tiffany & Company gift box and a huge plastic (robin's) egg into the Home Depot to use as color guides. I spent some time with a really nice man at the Home Depot paint counter, who helped get the paint tint just right. The first photo shows the first coat of paint on the first chair, before I had the color adjustment made at Home Depot (too baby blue-ish!). The second photograph shows the inspiration photo for painting my chairs robin's egg blue---ooooh la la!

A newsflash from the non-trivial world of color:
THE color for the year 2010 .

I'm also showing a room in the house and interviewing prospective new roomies. This room was just vacated by our physical therapist intern who completed his three-month SLC rotation and is returning home to the midwest. If you know of a good fit-send them my way. See the entire ad posted on craigslist here.

At midnight last night, I finished 130 personal Christmas letters!








1 comment:

  1. I really like the windsor chair project. Where will you be consigning them? Robin egg blue is such a peaceful and soothing shade.

    Good luck to you in finding the perfect roomate!

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...